Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.5k Members

herpes? ars? something else?

Greetings. 2 weeks ago I had sex with a man of unknown HIV status. We used condoms, however one of them got stuck inside of my vagina, and neither of us noticed (we were both very drunk.) I'm not certain how long he had been inside of me unprotected, but he claims there was no ejaculate -- not even precum -- present when he was inside of me unprotected. I checked the contents of the condom and it appeared to be empty.

One week ago, I had oral sex with him. Unprotected. Bad mistake, yes. I went down on him for maybe 2 minutes. He didn't ejaculate this time either, but I know that I had precum in my mouth this time.

A week after the second encounter with him, I noticed 3 little blisters on the side of my mouth -- inside, on the cheek. I also feel run down, achey, my throat and eyes hurt, my nose is running. The blisters themselves do not appear to be causing me any pain or discomfort. I don't have a fever or rash or anything of that sort. My glands aren't swollen but they feel tender. I have firbromyalgia so I'm used to that -- it seems to be a constant thing for me.

It would appear as though these blisters are oral herpes? I'm still petrified about HIV, and I'm concerned that perhaps what I'm experiencing now is ARS, and not Herpes. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. Am I at high risk for HIV according to the info provided? I honestly don't know a lot about the dangers of coming into contact with precum.

Thanks.
1 Responses
if u had unprotected vaginal  sex u need to test 3 months post exposure oral sex is not a risk for hiv because saliva has many proteins and enzymes that inhibities its transfer  but its a risk for other std's such as gonorrhea ......
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1595629445
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.