HIV Prevention Community

hiv ars symptoms

hello,
I am 27 male from India.I april I lost my mind and had protected sex with a prostitute.Immediately after 3 days i have started feeling great fatiue and white tongue.I also had night sweats for few days but not so intense.
at week 8 I got a big patch on my upper back it is the size of 2.5 inch.
at week 8 I got swollen nodes in my armpit for 1-2 days then below the ears (some swelling is still there) and now some pain in the abdomen between week 12-13. some Fatigue is still there.
I tested with HIV 1 / HIV 2 ANTIBODY & p 24 ANTIGEN COMBO TEST
Index Value                              0.20
Result:                               Non Reactive
But the doctor at lab has said 11 weeks are not conclusive and results may vary in 12-16 weeks.
I do not know which generation test they are using here in India.
Can anybody put some light on this as this is driving me nuts.
I know I made a mistake and sure that I will never put myself through this again.
please help me.........
bye
In india 3 month test is conclusive.You had procted sex so dont worry about hiv
At 13 weeks the generation will not matter as long as it is a HIV 1/2 test.  You will be negative as most people are positve by 6 weeks and your 11 week test is extremely accurate.  Dr HHH would say conclusive given your risk.  
hello Teak,
Please put your suggestion as i am getting lost
I really understand that 11 weeks are not enough but i did it for my peace of mind.
all my symptoms are gone now but still having white tongue and when seen the pictures in the internet they look like OHL.(only on the upper surface and sides of tongue not down)  =((
I am thinking that the vaginal secretions did touch my finger.(I am a nail biter)
can you tell me if there are chances I can get it positive at 13+ weeks?
Please guide me if you can!!
anyway I really appreciate your work here and just waana say thanks buddy.
regards
coz80

hello everybody,
Today I have seen the pictures of OHL in internet and I My tongue coating look like this.
Please guys give me a suggestion as I am totally getting lost.
I think if goes like this I have to consult a mental doc.
this thinking about this dieases is really the worst thing.(God please save me)
I am getting tested again at 16 weeks but I really appreciate any sugestion or good luck from you all.
bye and take care also good luck to all who are getting tested or in same situation.(Plz god save us all).
coz80
Calm yourself, You had protected sex.  Your anxiety is making you worse.  Your mind conceives symptoms and your body is producing as a result.  You are under great stress and fear but I remind you....YOU HAD SAFE SEX.  Even if the girl was HIV+ your chances would have been 1/2000.  Following is a very recent quote from Dr HHH, recognized expert by the CDC as well as most HIV organizations, that I feel is relevant to your case:  "I have never seen a single case of HIV infection following the sort of exposure you describe or in someone with your relatively low risk lifestyle. And I have never seen anyone turn positive at any time after being negative at 6 weeks. It can happen but is rare."  You are negative as indicated by your 11 week test...tell yourself that time and time again.  Take the test at 13 weeks, not one day sooner because you will doubt it..not because anything is going to change.  You will be negative at 13 weeks as well...expect it, rely on it and stop expecting the worse.  All of us have had symptoms that concern us and even scare the **** out of us but hardly no one ever wounds up positive.  Remember, symptom are not reliable...the test is reliable and yours at 11 weeks is reason to calm down and plan for a negative at 13 weeks.  Read the last two sentences from the Dr again!!
Dear SIAD,
I really thank you for kind reply.Actually I am not a nervous guy and I always have a clear thinking.
But this time I am trying to trust the results and I see the mirror and see my white coated tongue and think about my other symptoms .I just can not deny the thing that this is not because of hiv.
I never had this kind of white tongue in my life.
Any how I will get tested again at 16 weeks so my mind will stop playing.(God bless me!!!)
I really thank you for your help and kind suggestions.
You know I was so tense that I took a flight of 10 hours to get tested.
once again thanks alot
COZ 80
COMMUNITY LEADER
Coz,

1. 11 weeks negative means that you conclusively don't have HIV

2. Most of the Dr.s in India know a *jack sh!t* about HIV and would tell you what ever they read on the FDA website

3. Your test was a III generation test cuz it has a reading, the first and the second gen wouldn't have it.

4. Your problems are not in relation to HIV but anxiety. Yes, anxiety, it can cause white tongue, oral sores ans sore throat too

5. You are HIV negative and you don't need further testing.
COMMUNITY LEADER
1. ARS can't show up so early, it shows up with in 2 - 4 weeks after the infection.

2. Since you had a brief vaginal insertion, the risk of acquiring HIV from her is very very low. (given: you did not use a condom and she was HIV +)

3. It's not necessary that she was HIV +, the reason you're are paranoid over this incidence is due to your own assumption.

4. Oral sex & Hand hob are no risk. I would recommend you test since you don't remember if you had vaginal sex or not

5. You seem to be fine, take a p24 ag & ab test (DUO test) at the 28 th day, that'll give you some peace of mind since it is a test which minimizes the window period ro 28 days and the accuracy of the test at that time is  95 -96 %

6. Retest with an antibody test at the 6th week to completely ease up your mind since a person having a normal immune system would test positive by this time he/she was infected at the first place.

7. Confirm your 6 weeks negative with a test again at the 12th week for a conclusive result.

You should be fine

Mike
COMMUNITY LEADER

You should be fine

Mike
COMMUNITY LEADER
Sorry posted in the wrong thread.
Hello Mike,
Thanks alot for your kind words. I will sure try to control my mind.
bye and take care
coz
Dear all,
First of all thanx alot for all the help and suggestions.
actually after all other symptoms(TOO MANY) My body started showing swollen lymph nodes at week 8.
And I have tested at week 11 so can I take my 11 weeks test result somehow assuring.
Please guide me!!
Also do not take this mail as against anybody's answer.I really appreciate and thanks for all the support.
bye
coz
you had protected sex so you are completely protected from HIV. U also got a negative 11 week test and that is as conclusive as it can get. You cannot get HIV from protected sex. Symptoms don't mean anything. your white toungue and patch on upper back are 100 % because of other reasons. lymph nodes swell for a variety of reasons more common than HIV.  
point is you are HIV NEGATIVE since you had protected sex. You don't need another test.