Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.6k Members

hiv concern

I gave oral and received protected anal sex (with condom) with a TVTS professional sex provider last Thursday.  Later that day I became queasy and went to bed with a head ache. On Friday I was ok but not one hundred percent.  Then
yesterday I came down with a fever and cold sweats.  Today the fever is gone but the sweats are still here and my body is weak.  My anxiety is through the roof thinking that I some how contracted HIV so that could explain some of my symptoms.  

This was a first and last time thing for me.  Curiosity (and stupidity) got the best of me.  Now that I did this high risk activity I regret it and worry.

Thank you
10 Responses
You never had a risk from the activities you describe and ARS symptoms would not appear that quickly.
Thank you joggen.  I left out that the provider would use saliva to help lubricate.  I cant remember if this was done to my anus or while I was being masturbated.  Does that add any level of exposure?
No, saliva is not infectious as far as HIV is concerned.
Thank you for your help.  I will go back to sleep now.
804317 tn?1274211359
I had a similar experiences. Relax dude.
I wanted to thank Teak, Joggen, LIZZIE LOU, and nursegirl6572.  I thought I really screwed up.  I was nervous about having that encounter and felt funny about after wards anyway.  Then when I started to feel sick with a fever I thought for sure I was in trouble.  I just read a lot of your posts (Nursegirl your journal was awesome).  And It put my mind at ease.  I will still get tested   (why not?)  but I will sleep better while I wait.  Thank you all for your support here in this community. I can not tell you how much finding this site has helped and what a wonderful thing it is that you all are doing for perfect strangers..

Thank you
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.