Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

hiv concerned positive

hallo medhelp teams,
Working in Ethiopia Tested hiv in a lab resulted to positive, on same day tested in other lab came negitive on spot test, after having unprotected with hiv pos/unknown.
Later purchased the same kit used in some lab in ethoipia checked myself  after 3 week from positive result, it came negitive.
Please medhelp can light on the above matter.
I have still have finger, join pain and back pain.
14 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
1519393 tn?1306802108
How long after your unprotected sex did you test? Was it 3 months?
Helpful - 0
on 10/11 week tested one lab positive and other lab negitive.
After purchased hiv kit which is same used in different lab, myself tested with finger blood with solution, i think tridot or determine kit resulted negitive after 14 weeks self test method
Helpful - 0
1519393 tn?1306802108
You tested negative at 14 weeks so you don't have HIV
Helpful - 0
thanks medhelp team but note i have tested myself with hiv kit,, droping finger bood with solution.
Resulted negitive. Only one control line came.
I hope i am ok with self test
Helpful - 0
1519393 tn?1306802108
The tridot is an approved test
Helpful - 0
thanks, lab uses determine/tridot in that country, so i have brought the same kit determin and solution, they have shown me how to use.
Only difference is they remove blood from vain and i remove from finger.
Lab medical told, if control line appears that means test is ok, if control lines doesnot appear it means testing is invaild.
Sorry myself testing neg on 13 week neg.
Helpful - 0
1519393 tn?1306802108
You don't have HIV
Helpful - 0
thanks onces again,
First lab which i have test postive with some other kit. This lab person is saying his kit is good and detects faster than determine and tridot
I have liver enlarge to 16cms and fatty liver and some viral infection in the body.
Can false positive are due to my liver problem or viral infection.
Helpful - 0
1519393 tn?1306802108
...could of just been the test. Did they not want you to follow up with a western blot confirmation test for that positive result?
Helpful - 0
tested in other lab came neg. On same day. Wb also tested came indeterminate. Again self testing neg.
Helpful - 0
tested in other lab came neg. On same day. Wb also tested came indeterminate. Again self testing neg.
Helpful - 0
1519393 tn?1306802108
Wb indeterminate usually turns out to be a negative. Was it the lab who did the Wb and why are they not following up with you after your indeterminate result or did they?
Helpful - 0
details are follows,
X lab tested Positive on 10 weeks, same day Y lab tested negitive on 10 weeks, on same lab test wb resulted interminate for p66 and p55.
On 11 week i called a lab person to test hiv status he brought along with me determine hiv kit and tested negitive.
On 12 week i myself tested as he has given my some determine hiv kit and buffer and told me how to check as mention earlier and tested negitive.
Pls comment on the above status, i appriate on ur quick reply and will be happy if more medhelp team can comment on it
Helpful - 0
mr.hope,mr. Hepatit, mr. Lizzle

pls comment, as i am afraid
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community

Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1595629445
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?
Can you get HIV from casual contact, like hugging?
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) may help prevent HIV infection.