I got married before 11 years.
I had an unprotected sex before 04 months of marriage.
I was not much known of HIV earlier but since I know it to some extend, I am worried of
It. Not only for me but all of my family members those including of my wife and children of 10 , 07 and 04 years of age.
So far me and my family members are quite healthy but I always feel worry about them.
I have donated blood even after 3 – 4 months of marriage but nothing had been indicated that time. I have been carrying out different blood tests in different timings such as lipid profile, sugar test etc etc.
How can I eliminate this worry of mine that is making me psychologically sick.
Mothers to be, are normally screened for HIV during their routine check ups in the early stage of pregnancy and if found "positive" treatment are available to reduce the risk of mother to child transmission very significantly. I also repeat, what Teak has asked,,, any relevance of this question to you?
you should have tested at that time, however still you can do it and obtain peace of mind after getting your negative report.
Please advise. I am very much worried.
What bothers you now, after 11 years (and 4 months to be exact) of unprotected sex? You would have been feeling very sick, if the infection was picked up. You have nothing to worry after just a single event of unprotected sex over a decade ago, if you still feel anxiety, go get yourself tested anytime. Nothing should stop you from doing so. This is the only advise anyone can give you from this forum. Why are you scared of the test?
Beleive me , I was just worried about my innocent wife & kids. Nothing else. Although it have been a long time but I was never ever known this much about this disease. I am very much sincere with my wife and never ever had extra marital sex after having got married. I love her a lot. very much and so to my kids.
If you donate blood and they didn't notify you then you are fine ,so they do blood scaning to make sure no HIV before give out to any one.
Teak can confirm this
To begun with you don't have HIV , so don't worry about your family. I will pray for you and your family please keep me in your prayers as well . I am in similar siuation the only difference my exposure happen 2 1/2 years ago . According to this forum i had protected sex even it slip off..
A baby born with HIV infection most likely will appear healthy. But sometimes, within 2 to 3 months after birth, an infected baby may begin to appear sick, with poor weight gain, repeated fungal mouth infections (thrush), enlarged lymph nodes, enlarged liver or spleen, neurological problems, and multiple bacterial infections, including pneumonia.
PROGRESSION OF HIV DISEASE IN CHILDREN
Researchers have observed two general patterns of illness in HIV-infected children. About 20 percent of children develop serious disease in the first year of life; most of these children die by age 4. The remaining 80 percent of infected children have a slower rate of disease progression, many not developing the most serious symptoms of AIDS until school entry or even adolescence. A report from a large European registry of HIV-infected children indicated that half of the children with perinatally acquired HIV disease were alive at age nine. Another study of 42 perinatally HIV-infected children, who survived beyond 9 years of age, found about one-quarter of the children to be asymptomatic with relatively intact immune systems.
The factors responsible for the wide variation observed in the rate of disease progression in HIV-infected children are a major focus of the NIAID pediatric AIDS research effort. WITS is a multisite perinatal HIV study. It has found that maternal factors, including Vitamin A level and CD4+ T-cell counts during pregnancy, as well as infant viral load and CD4+ T-cell counts in the first several months of life, can help identify those infants at risk for rapid disease progression who may benefit from early aggressive therapy.