HIV Prevention Community

hiv positive?

Hrllo my name is neke. Two months ago i had unprotected sex with an unknown statusand i have been worried since then. Six weeks after that i start having pain in my body and i had diarrhea for one day and feverfor some secind. White spots start appearing on my skin and red boils My skin itch and burn and my tgroat ferl weird and heavy. Am only 17 and am really worried, i have nit took a test yet cause am afraid of the results. Please giveme your viewson thisand my head also hurt a little
Hi Neke,

We would advise you to take a test. If were you live you have a 4th gen or DUO test, go for it now, and then if negative retest at 12 weeks. Six weeks seems quite late for symptoms, but symptoms are not reliable for diagnosis because they look like any other viral illness. Please go test, and keep us posted. Remember also test for other STDs and use a condom in the future.

Stay well
It has already been 10 weeks now and am to afraid and my partner says hes negative but its hard to believe.
Of course, and people normally don't lie about this sort of things but it is better to get tested.
True i guess ill get tested then but got to be prepared for the worst.
Is is possible that anxiety could cause some my symptoms or irritated skin.
Yes sure.