Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.2k Members

hiv positive partener

Hi, I have always been paranoid about hiv,that is a fact,but now I am slightly concerned again as a male friend of mine who I have slept with is positive..i found out this yesterday...now i slept with him three times, everytime we used a condom and i believe there was no break etc.. am i totally safe or should i be scared now?  sorry but need to know exactly how safe condoms are against preventing infection
2 Responses
366749 tn?1544695265
COMMUNITY LEADER
You are safe because you used protection which did not fail. Condome failure is very obvious and can not go un noticed.

Correct use of condom protects us from HIV and other Sexually Transmitted Diseases by providing total protection.

You should not have any reason to worry about.

However in my personal opinion, your partner should have told you up front about his status, feeling his moral responsibility.
thanks for your quick response, i feel much better.you are quite right I should have been informed before.take care
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428176748
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.