A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.2k Members

hiv positive

hello,
thanks for helping people in answering there various questions concerning hiv and aids.I hope my own questions will be asked in earnest.
I wish this is not happening to me.I had an unprotected sex with a girl i met just three days ago.Initially i was using condom but later on, i stupidly took it off cos i was reall drunk at that time.during the sex wich lasted for about ten minutes,i ajaculated inside.
The next day , i was really scared and told her to go for an hiv screening which she accepted.but to my surprise she she turned up later and told me that she tested positive.it was like a bombshell to me .
  I had no choice than to go for an hiv test as well which the result is yet to come out.
Please ,my question is ...what are the chances of contracting the dreaded disease when one has an umprtected sex with a carrier?please ,give me an immediate repply,so as to enable me decide on the next step to take.
Thanks.
1 Responses
You tested to early. You need to test at 6 weeks post exposure and if that test is negative retest at 12/13 weeks at that test will be conclusive.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428176748
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.