HIV Prevention Community

hiv risk and symptoms

I am a male who had had sex with a female escort on Nov 15, about 2 and a half weeks ago.

She gave me protected oral with a condom, then we had protected vaginal intercourse to completion.  I thought I had safe sex all around.  However, I am having symptoms which are worrying me.  I have had muscle aches and pains for the past few days and some small, itchy rashes scattered throughout my body, not to mention feeling tired.  To top it all, I had diarrhea today.

I do recall that the escort did not unwrap a condom in front of me but brought it opened from the bathroom.  Considering that she hated men due to her recent drug-addict husband's infidelity, I am wondering if she could have intentionally contaminated the inside of the condom before she put it on me.  

Can you comment on whether these are hiv related symptoms and whether testing is warranted in my specific situation?
You were never at risk, Your symptoms are not due to HIV
i think you are falling victim to anxiety. i suffer from exactly what you describe. I say this because you are now going into the nitty gritty details of the episode, details which you yourself are not convinced about. i think it can be safely said that if you had a condom on during penetration of all kinds, it didnt fail, you are safe. the muscle pains and the rashes without a significant fever dont mean anything. i would say coincidence. also, hiv rash doesnt itch. diarrhea could be caused by a myriad of bacteria, as well as stress and anxiety. be calm and be rational. if it helps just go for a test at 3 months for the most conclusive result. till then .. chill.
Crazy thinking...
You were never at risk of contracting HIV.
It's me, the poster.  Today is my second day of diarrhea and pretty bad muscle pains all over.  Both itchy and non itchy spotty rashes are appearing in my chest, trunk, butt, arms, and legs.   THe thing is, I have a pregnant wife and we had unprotected sex after this incident which I am worried about as well, as I don't know what I'd do if I ended up positive and gave her and the baby the infection.  
"I do recall that the escort did not unwrap a condom in front of me but brought it opened from the bathroom.  Considering that she hated men due to her recent drug-addict husband's infidelity, I am wondering if she could have intentionally contaminated the inside of the condom before she put it on me."

This concern has no basis in reality. Commercial sex workers are concerned about getting infected from their CLIENTS (among other things)- they use condoms to PROTECT THEMSELVES FROM YOU. And there is absolutely NO mechanism by which somebody could contaminate a condom and infect somebody. It is clear that your guilt and anxiety over your infidelity is fueling paranoid distortions of your recollection of the situation as well as your attribution of 'symptoms' to HIV, making you question an encounter in retrospect that you believed was safe at the time. You did NOTHING to jeopardize your negative serostatus nor your wife's, your 'symptoms' have nothing to do with HIV, and you don't need to test over this situation. There is NO MECHANISM by which HIV can be transmitted during protected sex. You simply are one of thousands of people to suffer from HIV Anxiety as a result of guilty feelings over a SAFE encounter.
Also, as already mentioned, STRESS will produce many of the symptoms that you are experiencing. If they concern you then it's best that you see a doctor and discuss your concerns so that he/she may properly diagnose whether you have anxiety and recommend proper treatment.