Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.6k Members

hiv symptoms?

I had unprotected oral sex with a woman in may 2008 receptive and given. Then during intercourse the condom broke. About 6 and a half months later I got flu like symptoms that lasted a few days which developed into a chest cold. I went back to work after the flu symptoms subsided and the cough would not go away. 2 weeks later I developed pneumonia went to the doctor and got some antibiotics and was fine in a few days but the cough persisted. I returned to the doctor and had x-rays done on my chest which came back negative. I was told that the cough was a post nasal drip from the pneumonia. It definitely feels like that because it is a productive cough but the phlegm is colorless. I take claritin and it helps the pnd but have to take one every 12 hours instead of every day. I thought that was it but I have recently developed painless swollen lymph glands on the left side of my groin and the tip of my upper lip both accompanied with brown blotches under my skin around these areas. Is this HIV? Please help!
1 Responses
720609 tn?1328783196
You cannot get HIV from oral sex.  Any symptoms you may have experienced were unrelated.  Symptoms are worthless as indicators of HIV status.

Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.