if you ask regarding somebody who had sexual exposure this is what NY State Dept. of Health says:
How soon after exposure can HIV infection be detected?
Most people who are infected with HIV will test positive within one month of being infected. The period of time after infection, before the HIV test turns positive is called the window period.
When a person becomes infected with HIV, the body makes antibodies to fight HIV. When enough antibodies are developed, the HIV antibody test will be positive. Each person's body responds to HIV infection a little differently, so the window period varies slightly from person to person. Most people infected with HIV will develop enough antibodies to be detected by HIV antibody tests four weeks after the exposure (transmission). Virtually all cases of HIV infection can be detected by three months.
that "hiv counselor" is an IDIOT ! ! !
lol even my obygn dr. well the one i go to so he can check my babys heart beat n etc. told me even if i had a cut i cant
and well i know its a bit personal but i have herpes and he told me so did u get herpes from a toilet lol i was like no hes like well than
but i just want to test to have a peace of mind
so should i go tomorrow or til when
and one more question if im taking valtrex will it mess up the hiv test
for someone who had a risk...YOU DIDNT...3 months is conclusive
NO valtrex will not interfere with the test.
further questions should be addressed on the hiv anxiety community forum. a link is provided in the bottom right hand corner of this page.
* This HIV Community is a place to discuss HIV Prevention based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors.
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
* After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
* Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
* Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
but 3 months is 12 weeks or 13? im so sorry 4 the bother
i have many problems in life right now im going through
i actually want to seek counseling i feel im going crazy and i want to get better b4 my baby is born
you do not need testing. RELAX.
Do NOT test at all if all you've doubts about is that "toilet seat" doubt.
LEAVE this forum for good. Do not read anything in internet until your baby will born.