hiv testing and symptoms

Hi folks,
I has an exposure (condom broke) with a CSW and ejaculated inside her, 3 weeks later I has abd. cramps and diarr. for 4 days then following week sore  neck for a day,  next day sore armpits and following day soreness behind the knees.Next day I woke up with georaphic tongue lesion. At the time of symptoms I was tested for HIV antibody test  and HIV pcr rna test 5 weeks after exposure both negative.Then I deveolped sore throat for 1 week.NO fever or no rash.
Tested again at 8 weeks with eliza test-negative.Please advise,Is this still could be HIV.All other std tests-neg. as well.
Best Answer
it is unlikely that a test will change from the 6-8 week period...but there is a reason that the manufacturers of the tests, the fda, and the cdc have not changed the testing guideline.  until that time...3 months IS considered conclusive.

you want percentages, you might want to continue searching the expert forum...we dont deal with percentages here.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.

Helpful - 0
it wont change..dont worry you are Conclusively negative...
Helpful - 0
What are the chances that HIV neg. test change to positive after 12 weeks.Just scared and feels tired all the time.Thanks my friend
Helpful - 0
If you are ill see your doctor HIV is not your problem.
Helpful - 0
My 12 week test came back negative that was eliza  antibody test.I still have sore throat  came back few days ago and some pimple like spots on the neck and mild headaches sometimes.
Do you guys rec. another test or it could be mono or some other bug.
please advisse.
Helpful - 0
Thanks Lizzie, what about the oraaquick swab test reliability?
Helpful - 0
your sore throat and stiff neck are NOT hiv related.
Helpful - 0
How reliable are oraquick advance hiv1/2 tests are?Do they have the same reliability as blood test for antibody detetction?
Helpful - 0
No.
Helpful - 0
I had my oraquick swab test at 11 week negative.It is been about 8 days now I am having sore throat and stiff neck no other symptoms right now,has difficulty swallowing saliva but no problem swallowing food/water,no fever,georaphic tongue.Can this be related to ARS?I am planning to have another blood test in 2 weeks.Please advise.
Helpful - 0
Bud you don't have a choice who answers your questions. If you don't want your questions answered then don't post a qauestion.
Helpful - 0
PCR test will not give you a conclusive test result and they are not stand alone tests.
Helpful - 0
All the answers are going to be the same.
Helpful - 0
I knew Teak's answer thats why I don't want to ask him.Lizzie or vance,please respond whenever you can.
Helpful - 0
3 months IS considered conclusive.
Helpful - 0
Hope you are doing fine.
I just want to know about OraQuick test and its reliability.I just had it done today  at 11 week post exposure,It came back negative.
I am having sore throat and stiff neck for about 4 days now.Is it related to hiv or I can get hiv out of mind.
Please help.
Helpful - 0
Thanks Lizzy
  God bless you
Helpful - 0
With due respect,
  Just want to make sure what about Drs. on the forum here keep saying about 6-8 week testing is conclusive and we are still sticking to 3 month testing.I understand there is a possibility that test might turn positive but need some advise on that.What % can turn pos. after that time frame.Your expert advise and experience will be appreciated.
Helpful - 0
an antibody test done at 3 months is conclusive.  period.
Helpful - 0
Thanks Vance for your reply,
I am planning to get tested at  3 months mark but what is your opinion on the tests I already had.Please let me know.
Helpful - 0
3 month test is conclusive. 8 weeks very good indication but follow up at 3 months with a test.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community