Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.8k Members
I tested last year after a condom got stuck inside me and I tested around 12 weeks for HIV and tested negative. I recently took one of those take home test that give you the result in 15 minutes and it came back negative. I had a sexual encounter with an HIV positive person and I am constantly stressing. I noticed that I still have a red line at the back of my throat and looks like bumps. On the top of my mouth around the roof in the middle, I noticed purple lines. I am wondering can this be veins or can it be something else on the top of my mouth. I am scared it might be related to HIV. What do you think it can be? I also notice small pin like red dots. I am so parnoid and constantly worried that I get headaches, can't concentrate. I haven't had fever or flu like symptoms. I have been sick when my daughter gets sick.
6 Responses
277836 tn?1359669774
its veins
no its not hiv test prove that
it is cold season
i get sick to when i hang around sick people to
dont worry its not hiv move on
the mouth, throat, etc have normal bumps-lines-etc.  i bet if u look under your tongue u'll find more bumps, it's called sal glands.  if u are seriously worried- go see an ENT doc and they will reassure u.  u don't have hiv!
It's scary finding out being at risk... but if you took a test at 3 months, then that should be conforting enough. A lot doctors on this site say that is almost like a definitive answer that you do not have the virus.

Oh yeah, was your sexual encounter a protected one if I may ask?
YES I DID USE A CONDOM AND IT GOT STUCK INSIDE OF ME. I HAD TO FIND IT AND PULL IT OUT MYSELF.
So what are the small like pimple blood spots because I notice my husband has them too.
340962 tn?1201175636
You had a 3 month test, believe what everyone has told you...your results are conclusive.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.