Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.7k Members

how serious was my exposure?

i had a drunken encounter with a woman who i believe is a prostitute.  there was unprotected oral sex, but my main concern with this forum was with the intercourse.  i had saran wrap on my penis (lame, i know) and was only penetrating her for about 5-10mins.  i'm pretty sure no semen was released on my part, as i could barely keep it up. there was also slight anal intercourse but this was very very minimal and i had the saran wrap on. in short, i don't think there was any skin on skin contact with my penis and her vagina/anus.  am i at a high risk here? how much raw skin/fluid exposure does there need to be in unprotected sex for there to be a legitimate concern for hiv?

thanks.
1 Responses
366749 tn?1544695265
COMMUNITY LEADER
What is "saran"? I recall it is a kind of plastic material, did you wrap it around down there? If you used anything other than a condom made of latex or polyurathene, you are at a risk and need to test yourself after 3 months for a conclusive test, no matter you ejaculated or not
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1595629445
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.