Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

im losing my mind need help

recently i had an needle stick accident at my job i am not sure of the patient hiv status but before i stuck the patient the needle stuck my finger i stopped tossed the needle away  i did not notice i was bleeding then i stuck the donor with a new needle then went to a another donor and stuck them with a needle and noticed my glove had a hole and was bleeding i'm not sure if i got another person's blood on my cut now i'm going crazy I've been feeling pins and needles all over my body.  I feel them all over  once in a while

and i keep looking up the symptoms for about two weeks and i feel like its getting worse i don't know what to do.(this happen on July 1st)

symptoms i felt  tingling all over body mostly left side of my body arm n leg .  little muscle in joint of left leg and i think one lymph node on right under jaw sore throat for a day.

1) Do reading about  symptoms cause physical symptoms

2) How long should i wait till i get tested to be safe

3 ) Is this anxiety or  does it sound like hiv  symptoms ( tingling )

I went to my local clinic and took a rapid HIV test ( 25 days since exposure ) results are negative am I in the clear or should I still be worried ?
1 Responses
Symptoms can't be used to diagnose HIV so you should stop examining your body and keeping track of what you think are symptoms and quit Googling symptoms cold turkey. Then you can relax.
Just brushing an open cut against someone else's blood can't transmit HIV because the air effectively kills it. Even to be a theoretical risk would require deep gashing wounds with the virus thrust deeply inside both people's wounds, and that didn't happen. You are safe.
Only non-sex risk for hiv is sharing hollow needles that you inject with and you were a long ways from that.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community

Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1595629445
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.