HIV Prevention Community
53k Members

injured by ear ring

I had a woman at my home and we had protected sex .. till now it's ok but later I was walking bare feet in the room and got injured by her ear ring which was on the carpet and I didn't notice it, My feet bleeded a little and I cleaned it with water, soap and alchohol.
Do I need to worry?
COMMUNITY LEADER
The only adult risks for HIV are:
1) having unprotected, penetrative vaginal or anal sex with someone of unknown status, or
2) sharing intravenous drug needles

HIV is not able to infect you from object or surfaces.  Once blood or fluid is outside of a body, it is no longer infectious.  You cannot get infected by an earring (or any other object) no matter what.
Many Many thanks, that was really helpful