A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.6k Members

late conversion

Hello Doctor,

I need to get some basic answers to my sitiuation. I know i my exposure was very low risk or 0 risk. From your threads i have gathered enough answers to know that exposure to bodily fluids on intact skin is almost 0 risk. I have also had  5 12 and 15 week tests for anitibodies come negative. The 12 week test was a duo test p24 anitgen and antibody test. My problem is i am know getting lymph node like swellings that come and go under my arm pit and on the side of my chest. They are their for 2 to 3 days only. I have virtually no other symtoms. No fever, loose stool, sore throat rash etc. I have some red zit like swelling coming out from the hair pores in my body but they are in isolation and appear in different areas.  

How likely is seroconversion  after 4 months to exposure. I heard that sometimes this can happen thus the reason for testing at 6 months.?

Is it it possible to get HIV and have no major sypmtoms in the ARS stage?

Can swealing lymph nodes on its own be classified as a symptom or do you usually get the whole works.

How long does ARS related lymph nodes swealing last.

Incidentaly i may add that this is the flue season in Fiji where i live.

I know i may be repeating some of these questions  but your answers will help.

You do a great job doctors thank you very much.  

2 Responses
If you want a doctor to answer your questions you'll need to post your questions in their forum. Related Expert Forums-HIV Prevention
There are no Doctors on this forum.

Rare. You'd know about it if your immune system was that bad.

YEs
Symptoms are an unreliable indicator of HIV infection. Your 12 week negative (Ab) however is a very reliable in fact conclusive indicator that HIV is not your problem.

ARS lasts one to two weeks. Lymphadenopathy can occur in symptomatic stage HIV . Lymph nodes swell for many reasons the vast majority of them not HIV.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.