Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.4k Members

negative at 4 months...but...

i was in a relationship with a girl for 6 months...and was unaware that her last partner used IV drugs(heroin)...we had unprotected sex a lot over the 6 month period...i had nothing out of the ordinary going on...but shortly after we broke up...i noticed i developed Molluscum on the genitals and buttox...i was concerned so i went to the doctor...and was tested for HIV...the results were negative...i went back to the doctor again janaury and tested negative once again...but over the last few months i have noticed i am getting moles...out of nowhere...and the skin on my face is red and itchy...this has been going on since the first test results came back...i'm just wondering...if i'm alright...because i seem to have symptoms of the virus...but i'm testing negative....could the cold weather be causing red skin...and could the moles be from being sunburnt last summer?....any help would be great...(i was negative at 4.5 months of last exposure....but was at risk throughout the entire 6 months atleast 4 times a week).
2 Responses
your results are conculsive....your symptoms are not related to HIV. congrats
thanks for taking the time to answer my question...it's just hard to accept that i have nothing to worry about...after worrying for so many months...and i still have these other things going on...that make me concerned that something is wrong....what are the odds that there was a lab error?
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.