HIV Prevention Community

negative test

hi all, i posted earlier regarding an exposure i was worried about, and again posting a report talking about the window period of HIV, but somehow that post has disappeared.. i dont know why
anyway, I had a negative test at 5 and 6 weeks using the oraquick advance but started to worry when I read hte report that said that oraquick advance was about 2nd generation sensitivity and that the dr. put the window period for 2nd generation tests at 4 to 12 weeks. Today, I got another oraquick advance blood test for HIV 1/2, at 53 days, which would be 7 weeks and 4 days from teh initial encounter, and it came back NEGATIVE, or non-reactive. I'm really relieved at the result because 7 weeks and 4 days seems like a very good indicator, unless sometime during the testing process and going to the hospital I had exposed myself to new risks, which seems unlikely. This process has felt like one whole nightmare, and sometimes when I wake up it feels overwhelming.

I sincerely hope that my 7 week, 4 day negative test, along with my 2week negative quantitative RNA can conclusively or almost conclusively rule out HIV, even though it was a rapid and not a newer generation. I feel a lot better now but sometimes it still all feels like a dream. Any thoughts, words of encouragement, or caution? Thanks a lot guys, for being there through the whole process.
you had no risk why would you even test.
i guess i just need reassurance.. so guys
with a 14 day negative PCR(Viral Load), 5 Week negative(ELISA), 6 and 7 week 3 day negative (Oraquick ADVANCE RAPID), would i be almost conclusively negative even if i had high risk to begin with? And lastly, I shouldnt worry that I somehow reset the window period from getting tested and getting swabbed and having blood drawn/prostate examined right? thanks a lot guys, its been a rough time but i see the light at hte end of hte tunnel, hope all of you hang in there
Hi there,

To begin with....I think .....you are not at risk at all..........

Conclusive for high risk like unprotected anal sex, is 3 month conclusive.

I don't know your case, but as uniquelymen says... if you are low risk, then I think it is time to move on.