Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.5k Members

night sweats?

so im at 25 days post possible exposure and 2 nights ago i woke up with heavy sweating. I didn't have to change my sheets or anything but my shirt was VERY wet (like i just had a hard workout) and so was all my bedding and pillows. I think had i slept through it my sheets would have been too wet to sleep on again. But the thing is later that same night i woke up with the same sweating again.
last night i was also woken up once from the same kind of sweating. and tonight im just scared to go to bed.
Ive been measuring my temperature and ive been consistently at 98.0F. during the day i'm feeling fine, no headache or anything. ive also noticed redness on my neck and my chest mostly between and under my pecs indicating a rash forming but i dont know if its ARS or the sweat. My lymph nodes under my jaw have also been swollen for the past 18-19 days

so my question is this: I've been quite anxious about HIV since the exposure but other nights when i was much more stressed out about it i never had night sweats. Could this be an ARS sign? or can it be attributed purely to anxiety? can anxiety and stress cause crazy night sweats like that? and what about the rash?

thanks guys in advance. im tryin to keep a positive mindset and convince myself that im fine but its hard when random symptoms are showing up all the time
1 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.