HIV Prevention Community

oraquick

I tested negative with oraquick advance 1/2 6 months post exposure. The oraquick website says it detects HIV only 91.7% of the time. Does that mean there is an 8.3% chance 0f my result being wrong?
"Oral fluid HIV tests are very accurate. In studies, the OraQuick oral fluid test detected 91.7 percent of people who were infected with HIV, and 99.9 percent of people who were not infected with HIV."

Means if you are negative then you are negative. The 91.7% would give an indeterminate test.
you mean the 8.3% would give an indeterminate test. BTW an indeterminate is when the control line does not show up, right? Thanks Vance. I keep doubting these results because of these symptoms that won't go away even after 6 months.
Yes and Yes. Symptoms have nothing to do with HIV and they don't last 6 months. As it says above, if you are negative then it tells you no matter what. False negatives don't happen.