HIV Prevention Community
what is the likelihood that a oraquick advantage test was done wrong and given a false negative at 6 months post exposure?
somewhere around zero
i remeber swabbing my gums and putting it in the vial, the line traveling up past the T line and afterwards the counselor looked at it and said negative, however i did not see the test because she couldn't handle me asking questions all the time, but maybe there was a faint line she didnt see...(my exposure was protected vaginal sex)
if you are still worrying about HIV you should get counseling
you are saying i shouldnt worry?
thank you for your quick responses ill make an appointment with a psychiatrist
yes!
If the Control line was shown, that means that the test was performed correctly. I'm not sure why positive OraQuick results aren't even shared anonymously, but I guess only people with fears of contracting HIV come to this forums searching for answers stressing themselves, making oneself more anxious, thinking about all HIV symptoms and the mind is strong to a point that it feels like you have all those symptoms. You feel something unusual with your body and the next thing you do is relate it to HIV. As you can see, all test are conclusive at 3 months mark.
This thread is 7 years old.