Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.6k Members

pregnancy

if the husband is infected and the wife is negative, however, this wife is pregnanet.

May i know what is the percentage (1/???) for the wife and the baby to be infected?

Thanks.
13 Responses
for wife 2N/1000. N - number of unprotucted sex leads pregnency

for kid much much less without treatment with treatment during last months of pregnency close to zero.

S
If the wife is pregnant and negative.. dere's no chance she can pass it to unborn child. Offcourse she needs to take care of herself by not engaging into unprotected sex (% exw has explained above.)
If somehow the wife contracts HIV during her pregnancy. There are medicines available which prevent HIV from passing to the unborn babies.
Note: This info is from documentary i watched on TV.
The original polser says wife was negative befor pregnency. S/He worry about getting infected while do sex which leads pregnency.

S
ohhh....
M sorry i interpreted it wrong.
In dat case exw has answered all ur concerns.
The main thing is contact your OBGYN and have a consultation. They will advise you of all the testing that will be needed to be done.
Thanks everyone for your kind replies.

In fact, i have viewed and posted my exposure here and doctor's forum and had some replies from mike, teak and others. All saying that my exposure ( December 2006 - unproteced oral receiver with a pink dots on penise and protected sex from a massager SW) is a very low risk exposure.

5 months later, my wife went for pregnancy hiv bood test. Thank god, she is neg and i tot that based on that result i was free too. However, I visted a lot of  web site ahproved that i was worng.

hiv is transmitted through oral sex and i can based on that result to
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.