HIV Prevention Community

protected w/ CSW but still got chlamydia

I have searched the forum, but still decided to post to attempt to alleviate my fears and anxiety. I had protected sex with a CSW. Afterwards, the condom was still intact, but the CSW may have been menstruating, as there was blood on the condom. I came home and was diagnosed with chlamydia after showing symptoms. Since I still contracted chlamydia while having protected sex, is there a fair chance that I may have contracted HIV or other STIs as well? I plan to get tested soon, but I'd like to hear other's thoughts in the meantime.

Thanks.
NO RISK at all for HIV infection.
Well sorry for jumping into someone elses thread but

How can chlamydia get thru condom and still no risk of HIV ?
I'm scared now
COMMUNITY LEADER
This is an HIV specific forum, I suggest you to take your query to the STD forum, I am sure you will get a better insight there.
You can't get chlamydia through condom-protected sex.
He must of had it long before this protected event.
Nope - tested clean about a month prior and had no other sexual contact - it was through this event. Does this indicate I have an increased chance of contracting something else?
No Risk for HIV Infection. Ask the other questions in the STD forum as they know much more about them there.

As for HIV you are fine
I agree, it is impossible to contract chlamydia through condom-protected sex when the condom is used correctly and doesn't break. To answer your question- NO- you can't catch HIV through condom-protected sex when the condom is used correctly and doesn't break, just like you can't catch chlamydia or gonorrhea through condom-protected sex.
I went through your exact situation a while back. I got something while wearing a condom, my doc just gave cipro did not know what it was. But no hiv. Bacterias are a lot easier to get. Listen to Nick. No I am in trouble for something else.