Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.2k Members

question regaring HIV and symptoms

i know that symptoms are not a good indicator...but my question is, how long does HIV fever usually last?

i did have a fever twice in the past 3 years that lasted about 3 days at most, and a sore/strep throat with it, which after it disappeared i had cough for another week or so with no other symptoms? (maybe bronchitis)?.

my exposures include a few episodes of unprotected oral sex 2-3 years ago from women who's status im not sure about. the one that worries me the most is this one time i met a girl at a club, we went home and i fingered her, and realized she was on her period, so i had blood on my fingers, i dont recall any open cuts, but i think i may have had peeling skin near my nails (which most people usually do have, im not sure if it was an open sore or not though).
3 Responses
irrational fear. nothing to worry about. Get tested today and settle your mind!
do u have an answer to my q ? :)
328464 tn?1195566561
yeah...

but it cannot be considered as fresh open sore...  no way for blood transmission

Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428176748
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.