HIV Prevention Community

reactive Oraquick but followed up by non-reactive Duo test

Hi everyone,

After 11 weeks (78 days) post exposure, I took an Oraquick oral fluid test, it showed up a pretty faint line in T area. I was scared and immediately had a duo test ab/ab lab test, the result came back negative. I was so confused as the maker of Oraquick claimed that the test has sensitivity of 93%. Besides, I took some rapid ab/ag tests (Alere from Abbott using finger blood) at 3 months mark, and all negative. Can you please clarify this out? Do I need further testing?

Much thanks!
What did you do that made you think you needed an HIV test?
Chima, It was unprotected vaginal intercourse with unknown status woman.
Your DUO is conclusive.  You don't need any more testing, and you can safely disregard the faint line you saw.  The DUO is the most accurate test on the market.  Forget about HIV and move on,
COMMUNITY LEADER
You didn't test positive with an  oral swab test. Your result was indeterminate. They claim high sensitivity for accurate negative results. However, it is not uncommon for those tests to produce indeterminate and false positive, as it often picks up cross reacting antibodies.

Your IV Generation HIV test result is conclusive. You don't have the virus.