HIV Prevention Community

reliability

I had unprotected vaginal sex. 3rd day i had fever of 37.6. 4th day after exposure i had weak legs and kidney, low back pain. At 6 th day i develop sore throat with white tongue. On the 8th day i felt slight headache and on and off fever normally in the afternoon. I went for a complete test at 32 days after my exposure. tje test result came out hiv 1&2 by elisa as non reactive but i was diagnosed with herpes 2. i know conclusive result is only by 3 or 6 months. i am so desperate to know the accuracy for 32 days test. and will herpes prolong the produce of hiv antibodies?
Symptoms alone can NOT be used to diagnose HIV as they could be attributed to a variety of other causes. Around one month post 2/3 of people will have developed anti-bodies for HIV. HIV tests are conclusive at 3 months.
Will herpes have any effect like prolonging hiv antibodies. i was told by md take the test was 80 to 90% accurate.
Hi..i would hope for an analysis from lizzie, getitright, diver and zamzam. Thanks
you had a risk

your "symptoms" are not hiv related
* too early
*come all at once...not over the course of 5 days

3 months is conclusive

herpes will not delay production of antibodies
When you test at 3 Months post-exposure you will be able to put this anxiety all behind you.Get 6 Months out of your head,unless your immune system has blown a gasket and is totally run down then it's 3 Months for you.All the best buddy.
What about the elisa ab test at 32 days post exposure? I know i m nt going to rely on that but would to know how reliable it is. i read somewhere in medhelp here stated by one of the doctors saying that around 90% people will tested positive within 3 to 4 weeks. i m nt doubting the experts but would hope to find out how true it is. 2 weeks after my post exposure i found out the girl i had intercourse were admit into a hospital due to stomach infection on previous surgery. a blood test was done on her and nothing was found in the blood. do u need any specific or those sensitive blood test to perform a hiv check? I m sorry you might find this question annoying or might get irritated with that. i saw a lot posting almost the same things over and over. i m just trying gather all odds to slightly ease my anxiety. thanks in advance
32 days is a bit early, 8 weeks is 99% and 12 weeks is 100%.If you had a DUO at 4 weeks it would have been 99% accurate because it looks for both antibodies and p24 antigen.Wait until 8 weeks and test again,then 12 weeks for a final test.All the best.
Would 32 days be somewhere around 90 to 95?
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
Hi teak.
You might find my post very excessive. i read a lot about u. i respect you in every corner. The hardest thing for being hiv positive is to accept the fact u r. i m like the other normal person here who trying to aasemble all the odds and get a best assurance to ease their anxiety level.
I feel your pain and it is a tough situation to be in and we have all been there,but the reality is that it's a waiting game.You know when to test,just hang in there and the time will pass.
I had fringer prick test at 6 weeks 2 day. It came out negative. just like to ask is this test reliable or trusted. i had read in a doctor blog who is based in singapore that rapid finger prick test is very accurate and in 6 weeks its closed to 99%.