HIV Prevention Community

scratch from a handjob. am i at risk of hiv? terrified.

please help!

2 days ago after a night of drinking, i went to a massage parlor. wasn't drunk and only had 2 beers.

after the massage, the therapist gave me a rough handjob (no condom) and during the act, because of her nails, felt a scratch on my shaft. after the act was done, i immediately went to shower and checked the shaft of my penis and saw a scratch (not deep) about 2cm long. i remember checking the woman's hands and saw no signs of wounds, bleeding, etc. what got me really worried was the fact that she told me before she worked there, she was recovering from "over fatigue" from her last job and took some time off, which got me thinking she had a prior std. i left the place really guilty, panicked and scared, not knowing if the woman had hiv or prior stds.

my questions are:

1. am i at risk of hiv from the handjob because of the scratch she made on my penis?
2. i've read from a post here that hiv can survive for several days in dried blood. is it possible to infect another person with hiv if you scratch them with dried blood on your finger nails?
3. am i also at risk of herpes from the scratch?

i would really appreciate an answer and thank you for reading. in a great deal of fear and stress right now.
You've had no risk for HIV
is it safe to assume that a scratch not deep enough won't transmit hiv. i'm worried because the scratch left a mark.
Again, you had no risk
the scratch still has a mark and hasn't fully healed yet that's why i'm so fearful. what if she had saliva, vaginal fluid, blood on her nails? is that a high risk for transmission? when i took a shower, i immediately washed my privates with soap and put alcohol on it. did you think that helped?
A handjob will never be a risk for transmission
i will second that a handjob will never transmit hiv .herpes is highly unlikely since it is rare to see herpetic lesions on hands if she didnt perform fellatio or use her saliva in anyway then you are perfectly clear on both counts.not judging you but when faced with this choice i hope you use good sense not to put yourself at risk .stds can make major changes to your life.i wish you well my friend the only thing you have contracted is anxiety.

be well
                                                                                           j.j
i guess the handjob won't transmit it. but do you think the scratch on the shaft will?
No
do you think the scratch won't transmit it even though she might have scratched (or touched) herself and had a small amount of saliva/blood on her fingers/nails? so sorry about this. i am very paranoid and fearful right now.
thanks for the reply. i also remembered her touching the tip and opening of my penis because i felt her nails around there, but there was no scratch left. is that also a high concern? i worry about this.
Please move on. No means no.
With all due respect, you are re-wording the same question.
You've been answered correctly by those who replied.
Your anxiety over this is unwarranted, let it go and move on as you've been advised.
really sorry if im being persistent. i'ts just i get anxious everytime i see the scratch on my shaft that still has a mark. i will try to move on with this.
just little bit of hiv history hiv has never been transmitted this way .there are no known cases that have ever been reported of any transmissions of the hiv virus in in this manner. dont do this to yourself friend i know what you are feeling .you really had a no risk situation.im telling you that anxiety can really mess with your head and it can even affect you physically .it even causes people to have symptoms .but its a path that leads to nowhere. many of us have been there and had countless tests and wasted alot of money on this fruitless crusade

be well