seborrheic dermatitis and HIV

Before 2 years I had a sexual encounter with a sex worker. I kept stressing about it for over a year until I had rapid HIV test which came out negative it was (SD BIOLINE HIV/Syphilis Duo test). The test was performed in a nonprofit organization. However it was not performed by the guidelines provided by the manufacturer instructional video which i watched after getting tested. I decided not to panic and stress any more and continue my normal life. It is been 1 year since i tested (2 years from the encounter). 4 months ago I developed a flaky white skin on my face looks like seborrheic dermatitis. I have tried different kinds of moisturizers but without any benefit. I have never had any issues with my skin and I have read that seborrheic dermatitis is strongly related to HIV, i also have red eyes and frequent migraines.

When do HIV patients start developing seborrheic dermatitis?
What other symptoms are developed with it?

When performing my last test alcohol was not completely dry on my finger + the final reading was before the 20 minutes mark set by the manufacturer. I called the organization again and the assured me that they perform tests the right way. Should I have any concerns?

Thank you so much.
COMMUNITY LEADER
What was your 'sexual encounter'?

Oral / Anal / Vaginal?
Protected / Unprotected?
It was protected vaginal. I know that condom is considered a sufficient protection against HIV transmission. But please if you could answer my questions regarding seborrheic dermatitis and it’s connection to HIV.
No. I can't participate in your irrational thought process.

I am here to provide you with a logical approach and there are 2 important things that you need to know:

1. You were never at a risk for HIV contraction and any symptoms that you can come across can't be associated with HIV because you were never exposed.

2. Genes and hormones sometimes play a role in Sebhoric dermatitis, this condition that has several triggers, including anxiety and fear. You might have already had Seb Derm, something is just triggering it. Please find ways to consume vitamin D. You should see a dermatologist for a correct diagnosis. This certainly is not related to HIV.

This forum is specific to HIV prevention only and you don't have a concern that belongs here.
You were never exposed to HIV. Go see a dermatologist for your skin problems because this is not where you belong for your type of problem.

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community