HIV Prevention Community

shingles..could have exposure to hiv

I was just diagnosed with shingles, and have had unprotected sex with x boyfriend, and short relationship. I decided to go on the net, and now am trying to get the fears out of my head. Someone on the net said he tested negative a year ago, came down with shimgles, and 2 months later tested positive. I know there are no specific symptoms, and that shingles does not mean you have hiv, but the link seems to be there....the risks were a month or so ago, my wbc count is elevated, shingles showed up two weeks ago on left shoulder, and now on right shoulder....Please help...
Only real advice is to test 3 months since last unprotected encounter. Shingles means nothing in terms of HIV.
Reactivation of VZV can occur in anybody. Stay off the internet- it's full of bogus associations with HIV.
I was wondering what your thoughts were with the take home hiv test,,,it says it is like 99% acurate,,are they trust worthy....I really dont want to go through the dr s or the wait time,,,if it wasnt for reading the internet post from someone who had the same situation as me and turned out positive, I dont think I would be so worried....Do you know the % of people in there 30's getting shingles and not having hiv..I have read that it is very common in children and elderly, but not my age bracket unless hiv or other serious immune prob....thanks for your time...