sore throat

Hi Guys,
I have already told u I had DUO test in my 12th, 24th and 46 th day and they came negative. Just after 1 week of my last test I started to have very strange sore throat. I have never had that kind of throat. its not painful so much but its there. How does hiv sore throat like? Does anxiety cause sore throat? thanks for your helps
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
anxiety can "convince" your mind of just about anything.  ever thought that you just have a plain ole sore throat?  :)

i know that you have been tested...but doing a search doesnt reveal your possible exposure.   ??????????????
Helpful - 0
I do not know, after one month I also have a sore throat that does seem to go away. I have also back pain and my joints ach; this is after a month test.
Helpful - 0
Its anxiety the window period for a Duo test is 1 month I`ll repost a dr. Answer.

Good luck-

by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D.

, Feb 13, 2008 11:18AM
A negative duo test at 5 weeks will be 100% reassuring; even 3-4 weeks.  That's the whole idea of dual testing for antigen and antibiody:  it is almost impossible to have a new HIV infection without one of those being positive by 4 weeks

by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D.

, Feb 19, 2008 11:06AM
Sore throat alone is not common with primary HIV, and of course we're in the time of year when garden variety colds are most common.  That is a far more likely explanation.

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community