HIV Prevention Community

sores in mouth HIV risk

hi there,

first of all,thank you for your efforts to inform people who are in doubt about certain health questions.Your opinion are greatly appreciated.

A few days ago i was involved in deep(tongue) kissing with a girl.Earlier that day i bit my mouth from the inner side.I also got a bit drunk and when i got home i saw a bleeding inside my mouth(i think it happened when i ate raw nuts afterwards but can't be sure since i was a little drunk).My question is if this girl is hiv possitive am i at risk of contracting the virus?I know that transmission doesn't happen through kissing but what happens when there was a sore that was bleeding?

thank you in advance,i apologize if my question is stupid but i am also a bit worried.

bests,
         R
you aren't at risk of contracting hiv from kissing someone. this is not a risk.

grace
Grace,thank you for your comment.Does a small sore or a bleeding would make things different?Sorry to bother you again i just wanna be sure and put my mind at ease.

bests,
         R
No it would not. HIV needs a protected enviornment to be at risk for infection.
thank you for your reply.

I just want to mention that this happened last Saturday.For the last 2-3 days a have a slight headache and my throat hurts a bit.Should i be worried?

last post,will not bother again with paranoid thoughts,just want to be sure all is well with me :)

bests,
         R
Answer is not going to change