MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

swallowing sperm and HIV

I always use protection during anal sex both active and passive. There is however a practice which is very difficult for me not to do and which is swallowing sperm. I would like however to be on the absolute safe side. Do you recommend to me to stop doing it?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Doctors on the expert forum consider oral sex as a no risk exposure. It includes swallowing semen.

Helpful - 0
thanks for your answer. To be frank with you this is not the first time I hear that. However many others tell me it's risky even AIDS prevention groups. Do not know what to think. Why is there no unanymous answer to that?
Helpful - 0
you cant get hiv by swallowing sperm
the alimentary tract has got many enzymes which will inactivate the virus if present in the sperm that you swallow
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community