HIV Prevention Community

swollen lymph nodes

just seems to keep popping up everywhere around my neck.. I have got occasional neck pain, and generalise lymph node pain. I have body ache too, and my armpit feel sore today as well as my back/leg. I must have got the most worrying symptoms here. Its now week 8 after exposure, my symptoms started at around day 5(fever). Is it too long for ars? Maybe I got some aggressive strain. I have experience many other symptoms too, including a white tongue, and some on and off lump in throat sensation and warm/hot skin(hot flash) or maybe even intermittant low-grade fever sometimes during the late afternoon hrs(37.2-37.4) etc, just to name a few. Anyway, I am strong today, I know there is a real chance that I was infected, but no use to scare of it all day long, I will accept my unfortune and just have fight it off everyday.
Go tested and then report back. Good LUCK! Enough time has passed for an accurate test.
If it makes you feel less worried, your symptoms do not sound like ARS. 5 days is too quick (it normally takes 2-4 weeks) and ARS fevers last 1-3 weeks, are not low grade (100
My risk is low though. Brief nake genitals rubbing/masturbation/ejaculation (frottage), and body massage/sliding/licking. I think my real risk was from my acnes/pimples on my back. They were everywhere and could be freshly broken during the massage, whereas the sex worker has licked/rubbed my body with her nude tongue/body on several occasion. If there's blood on her mouth/tongue/body, I could possibly be infected.
Gosh. Then you should leave this forum and get your neg result.
Hi Kimoz,

I'd be very surprised if there are any documented cases of HIV transmission in this way. Even with needle stick injuries on health workers where there is HIV+ blood in the needle, the risk is estimated at around 0.3%. Your risk would be considerably lower than this and assumes that the SW was HIV+ and that she was bleeding in some way and that she bled openly into broken pimples. All of this is very far-fetched and is your mind playing games with you.

Calm down and try and think clearly about the facts. The bottom line is that you have had a low/no risk exposure. For peace of mind, it would probably be advisable to test with the great likelihood that you are HIV negative...

You've posted about this before, and I told you that your self-diagnosis of swollen lymph nodes was most likely mistaken and that HIV-related lymphadenopathy is non-tender, i.e., there is no pain.

Besides, you had a zero risk exposure. I don't care HOW bad your acne is.

Since you obviously don't believe the feedback you've been getting here, just get a simple rapid HIV antibody test. It will undoubtedly be negative.

And get counseling, either from your doctor or a therapist, to deal with the irrational HIV anxiety.