HIV Prevention Community
53k Members

symptoms

if you were exposed how long before you would show flu like symptoms? 2weeks, 4 weeks, 8 weeks, etc.
The first symptoms of HIV infection, acute HIV infection, occur about 1 to 4 weeks after the virus was transmitted.

Signs and symptoms are not reliable indications of HIV infection and the occurrence will vary from one to another.  Some people with HIV infection have no recollection of an acute infection stage.

Acute HIV infection can last from one to three weeks.
so a respiratory infection 13 weeks after a possible exposure is definetly not from the possible exposure. I was coughing up yellow and tan mucous but it was 13 weeks later
Well, no for your question.

But for you, I think you have other threads here in this forum.....stay with that thread, it help us to be able to have a clearer understanding of your risk.

Cheers!
what do you mean I have other threads, please expain.
Hi there,

so sorry, posted that accidentally....ignore it dude....so sorry.....
no dude a resportory infection is not an indicator of hiv sorry for the people who say it is and usually acute starts 10-14 days after 2 weeks and includes a rash most times, so no don't worry about it, bottom line its nothing like a cold or bronchitis