Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53k Members

symptoms

if you were exposed how long before you would show flu like symptoms? 2weeks, 4 weeks, 8 weeks, etc.
6 Responses
417144 tn?1225962848
The first symptoms of HIV infection, acute HIV infection, occur about 1 to 4 weeks after the virus was transmitted.

Signs and symptoms are not reliable indications of HIV infection and the occurrence will vary from one to another.  Some people with HIV infection have no recollection of an acute infection stage.

Acute HIV infection can last from one to three weeks.
so a respiratory infection 13 weeks after a possible exposure is definetly not from the possible exposure. I was coughing up yellow and tan mucous but it was 13 weeks later
417144 tn?1225962848
Well, no for your question.

But for you, I think you have other threads here in this forum.....stay with that thread, it help us to be able to have a clearer understanding of your risk.

Cheers!
what do you mean I have other threads, please expain.
417144 tn?1225962848
Hi there,

so sorry, posted that accidentally....ignore it dude....so sorry.....
no dude a resportory infection is not an indicator of hiv sorry for the people who say it is and usually acute starts 10-14 days after 2 weeks and includes a rash most times, so no don't worry about it, bottom line its nothing like a cold or bronchitis
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.