Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.2k Members

symptoms=positive

if someone is past the 3month window and has all the symptoms because they are hiv+, wouldnt they def. test positive thereafter because of there bodies reaction to the virus (barring chemo/cancer etc.)?
7 Responses
Yes they would test positive on an antibody test.
i know man, u always think ur the 1 in a million.  my logic is this: if i made it through the 3month window with a neg test result yet still have a garden variety of abnormalities then it must not be HIV cause my bodying is telling me something but my tests (3-6mths) are opposite.....comments....
Correct. It isn't HIV.
thx teak n chris... this whole test says one thing body shows another has kicked the sh$#@t out of me u guys.   ive had so many tests some docs just cop to a long window period and others are sayin hey we ruled alot of junk out so it must be CFS....ya dig
CFS?
chronic fatigue syndrome
Ok, thanks.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428176748
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.