Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.2k Members

testing after 2 months

ON november 14, 2003. I performed oral sex to a man, and dispite my reluctance, I continued, but stopped before he ejaculated. A little more then a day later I became very ill with horribale back pain and vomiting. I went to the doctor and was given an ex-ray for stones, but he found nothing. Also, I did not mention anything reguarding what had happened a few day's earlier. I was scared for many months, but after 2.5 months I went and got tested and the test came back negative.  Now many years later, I am still scared and am just wondering how accurate that test was and if I should be as worried as I am. From literature I had read many years ago, I found that after one month of possiable exposure the HIV test is 90% accurate, so how accurate would it be after 2.5 months. How worried should I be.
2 Responses
U sud not worry...and  ifu still are...get tested...u will be negative...then enjoy ur life peacefully....
Oral sex is a very little to no risk activity to start with (with regards to hiv). so if that was your only questionable exposure, you shouldn't worry about it cause you certainly didn't get hiv from that exposure. good luck and god bless!
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428176748
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.