HIV Prevention Community

this is why theres no cure yet

HIV Immune Responses are Random
New research shows the body's defenses against HIV are random rather than genetically determined, which may be why it's so difficult to develop an AIDS vaccine. The UCLA AIDS Institute study shows the immune systems in two HIV-positive identical twins responded to the infection in different ways.

In 1983, male twins were infected with HIV shortly after their births in Los Angeles by blood transfusions from the same donor at the same time. The twins have been exposed to the same environmental factors, yet their T-cell receptors reacted differently in each twin. Researchers say this shows the body's defense response is random and unpredictable.

"These boys are as similar as two humans can be, yet we see differences in how they fight the virus," says Paul Krogstad, Ph.D., study researcher and professor of pediatrics and pharmacology. "That's one more thing that makes it difficult to develop a vaccine for everyone."

UCLA researchers say the study results have broader implications and could apply to other viruses, such as hepatitis C and herpes viruses.
I don't agree with what you posted period. Do you have any idea how wealthy a drug company will be if they could find a cure? They would make a lot more money for a cure than they could ever make on R&D on new drugs.
i think we are all different and we all have different immune systems thats why its so hard to beat this and cancer
just like we have came along way with hiv  i never knew so much treatment was out there
What about KP-1461.
There  are some news about the phase 2a?
come on alex thats not what this post was for
Kp-1461 looks like a promising cure.
I thought someone that is more knowledgeable then  me  has some news about the last trial phase.