HIV Prevention Community

touching someone's torso with fingertips

I am in need of help, since for some reason these thoughts keep coming to my mind.

1.5 years ago I went to a club with friends and in a joke with my fingers I touched the chest of an unknown man. I touched with the back of my fingers (the part of the nails) as the joke was about feeling if he had hair in his chest.
Some people said he was a gay man and quite promiscuous. From what I remember there was no evident blood, and my fingers/nails were OK, but occasionally there are some minor wounds in them, those little skins that get ripped normally.

I got tested about (from what I calculate searching at the calendar and remembering the dates) 89 days after that, and it was negative.

Whenever I feel anxious this episode comes to my mind. I copied and pasted several topics of similar cases where there is reassurance, but I wanted to hear for my case specific. Is there any risk involved? Please help. I cannot have a healthy social like thinking of this.

Best,

AK
"I am in need of help, since for some reason these thoughts keep coming to my mind."

"Please help. I cannot have a healthy social like thinking of this."

Your post identifies the main problem- it is a mental health issue, not an HIV issue. We cannot help with mental health issues- your best bet is to seek a mental health professional.

You cannot cntract HIV in that manner.

HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug abusers
Mother to child