Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.8k Members

very worried and stressed about hiv

i had sex with a girl i just met at a bar 1month and 1week ago i was under influence of alcohol that time so i dont know i did not wear a condom.. 5days after that i had sore throat then followed by runny nose and colds and i feel hot but i thinks its not a flu hotness in my body stayed for only a couple of hours and i had a neck ache but there is no swollen glands no rashes no mouth sores no nausea no vomiting and diarrhea or night sweats.... that time im very worried about unhealthy situations happening on my body.. but im just thinking that months was december and its a cold season.. but still i am worried until now because the colds dont go away its almost 1month i have this cold everyday i thinking about having HIV and i have to wait 2 more months to get a HIV test.. i am very stressed and depressed last night my colds turns worse i had cold sores and i see a one white spot on my mouth i dont know if this is a mouth sore because its not hurting even i take a long sleep when i wake up i still feel weak and no energy..do you think that its the stress makes my immune system weak and not HIV? because im thinking about it all day and im very afraid im 23yrs old and many plans on my future.. i feel guilty about what ive done and this is the price being very worried all the time.. im very sorry for my bad english and grammar.. but i hope the readers can understand thank you for your time to read my post =)
1 Responses
150689 tn?1333993645
If you are 23 and having sex, you are old enough to protect yourself.

Being drunk is not an excuse for not practising safe sex.........

Have you had a risk? Yes.

Do you need to test? Yes.

Test at three months for a conclusive, reliable and final result. Nothing more to add I'm afraid.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.