HIV Prevention Community

what does it mean?

test 1 : 'weakly reactive' rapid test - full blood extraction

test 2 : negative ELISA - lab based test

test were taken in different labs.  test were taken past the 3 months mark.

what do you think? should i take another test?
from your experience, is there any chance that the later test couldn't detect the virus due to cut off patameters?   No, you said you tested after 3 months, which means the result would have been conclusive.

Also, would this weakly reactive fall into the category of 'false positives'?.  I read they are very rare... I would guess it was more likely a testing malfunction of sorts.  A false positive would have been read as positive (meaning it would not have been "weak")

Lastly, it may be a very stupid question, but is it possible that my virus is developing? and i'm a weird case of past 3 months serconversion? No.  3 months is more than enough time to develop detectable antibodies.  MOST newly infected people test positive early on, within 6 weeks or so.  You don't need anymore testing.  

They mean exactly what they say.  First one was "weakly reactive", which cannot be taken as a positive result.  Second test was negative. meaning you don't have HIV.

I don't think you need another test, but if you can't move on, then take a third.

What was your exposure?
thanks nursegirl.

condom broke while having sex with CSW.

I will apprecialte highly if you let me know your thoughts on the following questions :

from your experience, is there any chance that the later test couldn't detect the virus due to cut off patameters?

Also, would this weakly reactive fall into the category of 'false positives'?.  I read they are very rare...

Lastly, it may be a very stupid question, but is it possible that my virus is developing? and i'm a weird case of past 3 months serconversion?

thanks for your answers.

thanks!