Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

window period scare

Is a Negative E.I.A Test for hiv 1/11 antibodies  at 95 days conclusive or should I wait for another 3 months.The risk was condom protected vaginal sex and unprotected blow job I received from a csw.
Also past three months I have had a very itchy rash over my thighs and upper body.Are rashes related to hiv itchy with the skin turning dry and red. I live in the middle east,so testing means I have to exit the country to India to get my testing done.Am I in the clear or do I wait for 3 more months.I also took a PCR DNA test on the 7th day after exposure which was negative.
can anyone please tell me what to make out of this.

reallly worried.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
hehehe...got the point.
that exposure was at my bachlor party before my wedding,my first and hopefully last (mis)adventure.
I am glad you are around to answer our anxious queries...
keep up the good work buddy.
Helpful - 0
hey there,

sounds like your in the clear to me m8!!! any test after three months which comes out negative is conclusive.  not sure what to make of the rash though,  sounds like you may be allergic to something,  try going to a doctors or to a dermintolgist, they'll be able to tell you what it is.  anyway congratulations on the results, you can stop worrying now!!!
Helpful - 0
Are you a chronic IV drug user, on chemo, take antirejection medications for a transplant? If not, your test would be conclusive.
Helpful - 0
thanks a ton teak...
just a lil nervous after reading about false negatives.how do I know mine is not a false negative.
Helpful - 0
At 95 days your test is conclusive.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community

Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1595629445
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?
Can you get HIV from casual contact, like hugging?
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) may help prevent HIV infection.