A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53k Members

wound on shaft

hi doctor

i've been reading a lot of posts trying to get some clarity but finally decided to ask a specific question.

i recently had protected insertive anal sex.

the night prior to this i had had an itchy scrotum and scratch so much that the skin was tender, inflamed and broken.
as it was on the scrotum it didnt occur to me that it could be an issue.( it was where the pubic hair began and scrotum met base of penis.) with an erection, however, this skin actually became part of the lower penis shaft, uncovered, or just at the end of, the condom. i doubt this part of the shaft went as far as the sphincter but it may have.

my question is, am i at risk of HIV from any blood from the anus of my partner that may have come out in the sex act?

i called a PEP hotline and they said they didnt recommend PEP for this. now the 72 hours have passed  and i keep running through scenarios in my mind and it's causing me a lot of anxiety

i appreciate any advice you may offer.

thank you
1 Responses
1508374 tn?1380812110
Hello,
Protected sex is SAFE sex.
No need to worry.
Take care.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.