Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community

Alopecia Areata or what?!

I'm a 33 yrs old male. I have hair loss problem since I was 18. I tried every possible means and visited many specialists but they couldn't solve my problem. I have hair disappears from my whole body. I have also weak erection, I sleep for 10 hours and still feel tired, I have weak appetite for food that my weight is 18 pounds below average. Among the many prescriptions I tried: local injection with steroids, minoxidil, vitamins, sulphate compounds..etc. A biopsy was tested and they said it's alopecia. I don't know how to get rid of it.
Can you help me please?
What you seem to be having is alopecia universalis in which the entire body hair are lost. It is the most severe form of all alopecia and is currently believed to be an autoimmune disorder. There is no standard treatment of this disease but immunomodulatory agents such as imiquimod  are very helpful.

You should discuss these treatment options with your dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions