Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community

Does Botox cause hair loss/thnning?

Hello - I was wondering if it is possible that Botox could cause hair loss? I have used Botox regularly for the last 7 years and in the last year, noticed that my hair has been thinning. I have always had fine, fragile hair and also just turned 40 - so I am not sure if this is age/hormonal related. I started taking Biotin and other supplements about 2 months ago which has helped reduce fallout, but noticed after my last Botox treatment a few weeks ago (on my forehead), that my hair seemed to be thinning again. Just curious if there is any connection.
It is very less likely for botox to cause hair loss. Infact botox has started to be used as a hair loss treatment. Give your diet an overhaul if you're lacking vital nutrients for growth and switch to foods for healthy hair. If it's related to an illness, it can be reversed by effectively treating the underlying cause.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Yes I believe botox can cause hair loss especially around the forhead. There are Many  blogs with other people correlating  similar hairl loss to botox. One of the reasons I think this can happen (among many) is that if your forhead muscles are paralysed for long periods of time there will be a significant reduction in underlying surface blood flow to the upper dermis. Hair folic and are in this layer and need a good circulation of blood to stimulate constant growth of new hair cycles. So it is very likely that hair directly around muscles that have been paralysed my suffer growth and re growth during the months where circulation is cut off.
I agree!
I have had Botox in forehead and immediately after a continuous twitch in my eyelid followed by hair loss in my eyebrow in the same area a couple weeks later, the twitch has settled slightly but hair in eyebrows grows back then I lose it again, is there any permanent damage to nerve in this area?
Yes it does. I did a little research on my self. Two years ago I had botox and the top of my hair started shedding. After six months the botox wore out and around 8 months I saw new hairs growing. Let me add that I had blood work, checked my thyroid and ovaries and I was completely healthy. Well around 10 months my hair my thick again! Two years after I totally forgot about this experience and I 'accidentally' went and had botox again (wanted to look good for a wedding)...well here we go again my hair started shedding again. I did blood work, checked ovaries, take no medication  blah blah blah ...I came to the conclusion that its botox! Yes, it does make hair SHED! ITS POISON!
EXACT same thing happened to me. Never again!!
Yes I think Botox causes hair loss. I had first treatment April 2017, again August  2017, and again in December 2017. I noticed the hair had thinned on top of my head and the ends of my eyebrows weren't growing back by March 2018. I went to the doctor to get everything checked and findings were all normal. So I got a new haircut and colour and moved on with my life still- not registering the possible connection.  September 2018 I had another botox treatment and sure enough about 7-8 weeks later, November 1, 2018, my hair was coming out in clumps in the shower and in the brush- it was all over my pillow too. Most of the loss was on top of my head. I started biotin, hair vitamins, and collagen powder. The hair stopped falling out about the first week of January 2019. I didn't have any weight fluctuations, don't drink much alcohol, no stressful event happened. I'm now sure Botox was the cause of the hair loss. I really wish more women were aware of this possibility. I would put up with crows feet any day than lose my hair!! I will post in the future whether the hair grows back.
Did your hair grow back yet? I’m freaking out because I am currently going through this same situation as you have. I would love to just know that there is a possibility it will grow back.
This happened to me too. Unfortunately because of healthcare professionals constantly saying there’s NO correlation, I kept getting it. But now I know for a fact that Botox causes aggressive hair loss in my eyebrows and the crown of my head. All my labs are always clean and I am very young and otherwise healthy. Should’ve never messed with my face. Never touching that toxin again.
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions