Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community

Prilosec Causing Hairloss

I have been taking prilosec for about several years now and have been experiencing continuous hair loss. It took awhile before realizing it was a side effect from the prilosec.  I have been finding hair in my nightgowns etc.  I unfortunately cannot go off the medicine and therefore was thinking about switching to aciphex. While researching the aciphex I found that it may cause hair loss as well.  Is anyone familiar with or experiencing hair loss associated with either of these medications?
Hair loss is a rare side effect of Prilosec. Prilosec contains omeprazole and is used for gastritis and GERD (gastroesophageal reflux). Eat small nutritious meals at frequent intervals instead of a heavy single meal. Exercise frequently and take your dinner atleast 2 hrs prior to bedtime. Also raise the head end of the bed by 2 blocks.

You can also take some antacid like Maalox and Mylanta or medications like zantac after consulting your doctor.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions