Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community

Rough hairdresser - sore hair roots

Dear people,

after a long time I visited a hairdresser who was brushing my hair in a very rough way and pulling at my hair constantly which was quite painful, but I thought she was a proffessional and should know what she was doing. However, two days after, my hair roots still hurt.

I don't care much about the hair she actually pulled out, that should regrow from existing follicles. However, could she damage my follicles by constant pulling at my hair? Now I am scared that the follicles are damaged and my hair will fall out more and will be weaker. I didn't notice any hair loss these two days, but I haven't washed it yet and I'm quite scared to do so.

Could you recommend me some treatment for this situation? Should I aply for example coconut oil on the scalp? Or how can I save my hair follicles?
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions