Battle's sign bruising behind ear after head trauma

2 nights ago I fell down a flight of stairs and landed on my son's skateboard. It hit the back right lower portion of my head and knocked me out cold for a minute or so. It immediately swelled to egg size. The next morning the swelling had gone down but I notice I have pretty substantial bruising behind my ear on that side though I did not hit the skateboard there. There is still slight swelling where I did hit and down the base of my neck and even my tonsil (front of throat) hurts on that side. I have had a very mild pressure like headache since the incident and have been more tired than usual. I also noticed I become weak easily upon exertion. Also I feel a kind of "jiggly" feeling in my head if I nod or shake my head... I don't have vision changes or hearing changes... just wondering if I hit hard enough to warrant a trip to the doctor... I mean it's 2 days later and I'm still alive and coherent so...will I be alright? Here is a pic of the bruising this morning   http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac356/happilyamy/headtrauma.jpg
I had something similar and when i went to the doctors they told me that the "bruising" was because there was blood under the skin.....and the jelly like feeling is the swelling.  The tiredness is because you've had a concussion. These feeling could last up to 7 days.   This is what I was told by ER doctor.  Unless I seriously cant keep my eyes open and I'm vomiting projectile...then i would be fine.......but i still did not feel completely secure with that result.  BUT I' still here too.