Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community

Head Mild Injury

I was cleaning the car on saturday when I bent down to clean inside the drivers seat. I put my head under the steering wheel and clean the carpet. As I was about take my head out, I accidently bump and sorta stab my head with the dull metal stick used to move the steering wheel up and down. At the moment I got a quick strong headache but I just took it as a mild pain for the hit. Two days later, a strong headache came about on the left side where I had hit my head and as rub my head I found a small lump on the side of my head about the back of my ear. That night, I could not lay on my side because it was even painful to brush my hair. The next day, the lump became a little bigger and more sore to the touch. Today weds, four days after; I still have the lump (even though its smaller) and a horrible headache. Should I head to the doctors to have them do a xray or something? I have being taking 800mg ibuprofen to improve the pain but helps very little so far.
Welcome to the forum!
You probably have a contusion or a hematoma (localized collection of blood). Since there is headache too one should rule out subarachnoid hemorrhage too. There is a chance that the lump is a hematoma or an abscess. This can be the cause of pain. Once the inflammation will come down the pain may disappear.
However all head injuries and contusions should be investigated. Please consult a neurologist as soon as possible.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!