Headaches and ringing in ears after head/neck injury

I fell on 1/23/11.  Struck my forehead and hyperextended my neck.  A day or two later, I had moderate pain in the midline of my neck just below the base of my skull.  This has since resolved.  About a week after the fall, I developed constant ringing in both ears and global headaches.  Tylenol doesn't seem to help them.

Yesterday, I noticed the onset of numbness in my left little and ring fingers associated with numness in my left cheek area.  (I have a remote history of an ulnar nerve release at the elbow related to scar tissue formation from olecranon bursitis).  I went to the ER where they did labs, EKG and a plain CT scan of my head and neck.  All reports returned ok aside from neck arthritis and a slightly low potassium.  On exam, I was noted to have a slight droop of the left side of my face.  I have no involvement of my left eyelid.

I was diagnosed with Bell's Palsy and was prescribed Prednisone 50 mg daily as well as acyclovir.  Today, all of the above symptoms persist, but there hasn't been any progression in them.

I will see my PCP next Tuesday.  Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance.
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Headache with ringing or tinnitus can be a sign of subarachnoid hemorrhage and this can also cause neurological symptoms. A MRI would be more diagnostic. Please consult a neurologist regarding this possibility missed on CT scan. It can also be due to carotid artery kinking, aneurysm or blockage. High BP could be another cause. Take care!